Metalloy Company stocks standard catalog items and can make custom Subliner Pins from your print.
All of our pins, balancers, stock lifters, locating pins, special stock lifters, heavy duty rail stock lifter pins, mini stock lifter pins, dowel pins are made as hardened and ground and can be in standard or precision tolerances
Our outstanding manufacturers
Anchor Lamina Lamina Moeller Precision Tool Moeller Manufacturing
Moeller Punch TR Jones (Marquardt Engineering)
can ship same or next day service to meet your needs.
Subliner Pins provide exact alignment of the punch holder, stripper plate and die bock. As the die is closing, the bullet nose of the Subliner enters a precision slip fit hole in the die block. Since the Subliner is pressed into the stripper plate, and is a precision slip fit in the punch holder, accurate alignment is accomplished. Optional Flats on the shoulder help prevent turning when the screw is inserted or removed.
How many are required?
- For maximum alignment and parallelism, a minimum of four Subliner Pins should be used for each stripper section in the die. This will minimize stripper deflection.
- For precision alignment only, two Subliner Pins and two Balancer Pins are required to produce the correct stripping action for each spring stripper section of the die.
- Eliminates need for stripper bolts and are commonly used to support the die spring.
- Assures parallel alignment of the stripper plate and the die block when the shoulder of Subliner / Balancer extends .003/.005 less than the stock thickness.
- Aligns delicate and close-fitting punches with stripper plate.
- All critical diameters ground +/- .0002 and concentric +/- .0002 TIR. Shoulder thickness +/-.001 and length +/-.002.
- Made of oil hardened tool steel, through hardened 58-61 RC.
- Available in standard sizes for greater savings and quicker delivery.
- Made to customer specifications, (Metric or English).
Die with Subliner Pins